Browse our tutors to find the best match for your academic needs in any subject.
Admissions - Business School, Business, Economics, Financial Management more...
Jon graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard College in 2006 after earning High Honors on his Economics thesis on inflation-indexed bonds. After school, Jon spent 4 years working on Wall Street as an investment banker for Morgan Stanley, and then as a venture capital investor. In 2011, Jon returned to Boston to pursue his MBA at Harvard Business School, where he currently volunteers as a student admissions rep and coaches applicants through the HBS admissions process.
- Specializes in Business School admissions strategy consulting for Tier 1 schools (HBS, Stanford, Wharton). Provides the perspective of a recent applicant and current student - get the inside tips you need to stand out in today's changing admissions environment.
- Appointed Business Tutor for Harvard College Currier House, advising over 50 students on business careers and admissions.
- Friendly and patient coach, will partner and work closely with you every step of the way to achieving your goals!
Accounting, Algebra, Business, Calculus more...
Erin graduated from Harvard College in 2009 with a degree in Government and a citation in Spanish Language. During college, she served as a Fellow for a Presidential Speechwriter at the Institute of Politics, the Film Executive Editor of The Harvard Crimson (interviewing greats such as Jason Reitman and Denzel Washington), and the Founder/Director of the Crimson Outreach Initiative. Additionally, she was an All-American and All-Region member of the Harvard Mock Trial Association, helping the team place 2nd in the nation in 2007. Throughout undergrad, Erin gained selective internships at ABC News: Nightline in Washington, D.C. and Burberry USA in New York City. In her senior year of college, she was admitted to Harvard Business School through the 2+2 Program. During the two years between college and graduate school, Erin worked at Creative Artists Agency, the world's foremost talent, literary and sports agency, and at Anonymous Content, the film, television and commercial production and management company responsible for Academy Award-winning movies such as ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND and BABEL.
- Fellow at Yale Ivy Scholars Debate Program
- 2005 Colorado Lincoln-Douglas Debate State Champion
- Skilled at helping students who need creative approaches
- Patient with all types of students
Algebra, Biology, Chemistry, MCAT Prep more...
Scott graduated from Washington University in St. Louis in 2010 with a BA in biology, specifically focusing in neuroscience. He has recently finished his first year in the MD program at Tufts University School of Medicine, and will be graduating in 2015. Scott has always had a passion for teaching math and science, and his tutoring experience dates back to his time as an undergraduate at Washington University. For 3 years in college, Scott led a weekly chemistry study group for freshman students. Additionally, as a program leader for the campus YMCA, Scott ran and participated in a hands-on after-school science and math education program called Catalyst. After graduating, Scott spent a year as a full-time academic tutor, working both privately on his own and for a company called Greenwich Education Group. Scott has extensive experience tutoring a wide variety of subjects, including chemistry, biology, physics, human physiology, psychology, algebra, and SAT prep.
- BA in Biology (Neuroscience track) from Washington University in St. Louis
- Will graduate with an MD from Tufts University School of Medicine in 2015
- Interesting in pursuing a career in academic medicine
- Extensive tutoring experience with all ages, including 1 year of full-time tutoring between college and medical school
Algebra, Art History, English, English as a Second Language (ESL) more...
Minji graduated cum laude from Harvard University, with an A.B. in the History of Art and Architecture and citations in Spanish and French. She has been studying Spanish since kindergarten and took up French in college, during which she had the opportunity to travel to the City of Lights to study Art History, in addition to the language. In high school, she achieved a near-perfect score on the SAT and received numerous merit scholarships, which were distributed throughout her four years of college.
- Graduated cum laude from Harvard University
- Before current job, has interned and worked at the Harvard Art Museum and international art magazines in New York and London
- Speaks French, Spanish, Korean, and currently learning German
- Has traveled to ten countries
Calculus, English, English as a Second Language (ESL), Essay Editing more...
Brandon is a first-year graduate student in modern European history at Harvard University, focusing on twentieth-century German intellectual and political history. He graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania in 2011 with a BA in history and a minor in mathematics. While at Penn, Brandon won numerous awards for research papers in history and received an Undergraduate Humanities Forum research fellowship in 2009-10. Through a Fulbright grant, Brandon spent the 2011-12 school year teaching English at a secondary school in Berlin, Germany, where he worked as a classroom teacher and led two after-school clubs. He has also tutored in the West Philadelphia public schools through Penn’s Center for Community Partnerships.
- Excellent performance on verbal and math sections of the SAT and GRE exams
- Experienced tutor and classroom teacher for middle and high school students
- PhD Candidate in History at Harvard University
- Wide-ranging academic experiences include coursework and research in both the humanities and sciences
Algebra, Art History, Biology, Calculus more...
Jennifer is a senior at Harvard in Winthrop House, studying Neurobiology and Visual Arts. She graduated salutatorian of her high school in 2009 with a weighted GPA of 4.65 and an unweighted GPA of 4.00. Jennifer obtained a perfect score on the SAT I (writing subscore 80, essay score 12), and for her SAT II's, she scored a 780 on Molecular Biology, 800 on Math IIC, and 800 on U.S. History, in addition to her many 5's on AP exams. She has tutored throughout middle and high school, and is a regular peer tutor in college. Jennifer is currently applying to medical schools, and scored a 36T on the MCAT studying on her own.
- Perfect score on SAT I and near perfect scores on SAT II's
- Salutatorian of high school with 4.65/4.00 GPA
- 36T MCAT score (self-study)
- Flexible teaching with emphasis on thorough comprehension, motivation, and positive attitude!
Algebra, Calculus, Econometrics, Economics more...
Jonathan graduated from a small high school in southeastern Connecticut as valedictorian of his class, and subsequently attended Boston University. At the end of his sophomore year he was admitted into a competitive dual degree program, which allowed him to graduate with both his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Economics.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Boston University with a BA & MA in Economics
- Plays guitar and drums
- Good communicator & easy to get along with
Algebra, Calculus, Chemistry, Geometry more...
Tom graduated from Iowa State University with a Bachelors of Science in Physics and a minor in Mathematics. While in Ames, IA, he investigated experimental data from the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven, searching for an exotic form of matter called quark-gluon plasma. After a stint as a research assistant at Johns Hopkins University, Tom entered graduate school at the University of Minnesota. His dissertation focused on the theoretical aspects of the quark-gluon plasma that he first studied as an undergraduate. Since earning his PhD in Theoretical Nuclear Physics, Tom has been a teaching assistant at Harvard and a technical writer for MathWorks. He currently is adjunct faculty at Northeastern University in Boston and University of Massachusetts - Boston, and is a visiting scholar at MIT's Center for Theoretical Physics.
- Adjunct faculty member at Northeastern University and University of Massachusetts - Boston
- Visiting scholar at the Center for Theoretical Physics at MIT
- Ph.D. from University of Minnesota (2011)
- Avid long-distance runner
ACT Prep, Algebra, English, Essay Editing more...
Jedd has worked throughout the education sector, as a policy researcher, community organizer, and teacher. He graduated from Swarthmore College in 2005, where he was awarded the Lang Scholarship for Social Justice. He worked at the Center for Law and Social Policy in Washington, DC before completing his Ed.M. at the Harvard Graduate School of Education in 2010. Most recently, he worked at the OneVille Project, a local Ford Foundation-funded initiative in the Somerville Schools. He has taught and tutored many students in academics and test preparation for a variety of agencies and brings a focus on the individual student’s needs and interests.
- B.A. from Swarthmore College (2005). Major: Philosophy. Minors: Education, Interpretation Theory
- Ed.M. from Harvard University (2010)
- GRE Verbal: 99th percentile. Earned a 5 on AP exams in: American History, Macroeconomics, English Language, Calculus AB
- Enjoys Boston weather in all seasons as a year-round commuter biker.
ACT Prep, Algebra, Calculus, Chemistry more...
Joy is a freshman in the Harvard College Class of 2016 and intends to pursue a concentration in Physics. She graduated from Council Rock High School South in Bucks County, PA and interned for two summers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. Joy has tutored both as a volunteer and for pay for the past three years, and managed two large (50+ tutors) volunteer tutoring programs over the past academic year through her high school's Math and National Honor Societies. Her strength as a tutor comes from her ability to anticipate a student's conceptual misunderstandings and explain complex concepts using practical analogies.
- Plays with the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra
- Writes for the Harvard Political Review
- Enjoys knitting in her spare time
- Sings in the University Choir